Monday, September 15, 2014

Crockpot Southwestern Style Chalupas

Last Thursday we had a little cold spell so I kinda started to get excited about crockpots, soups, and all things Fall.

I had been waiting to try a recipe I found called "Southwestern Style Chalupas"
I ended up totally revamping the recipe, starting with the serving size. I really didn't' feel like I wanted to be eating this for a week straight so I downsized the recipe.

INGREDIENTS:
1 (2lbs) pork loin
1 can  black/pinto beans ( I used black eyed peas)
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chili peppers
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin seed
2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons garlic salt
pepper
1c. water
1 (16 ounce) package corn chips

DIRECTIONS:
1.            In a slow cooker, combine pork, chili peppers, chili powder, cumin seed, oregano, garlic salt, pepper, and water. Cover, and simmer on Low for 4 hours.
2.            Shred meat, removing any bones and fat, add beans Cover, and continue cooking for 2 to 4 more hours. Add more water if necessary.

3.            Place corn chips on serving plates. Spoon pork mixture over chips, and serve with desired toppings.


No comments:

Post a Comment