Monday, July 22, 2013

Avocado earrings, sweaters, cars, kids.... AND Avocado Coconut Ice Cream

Since Subway made avocados all the rage right now, I thought this fit in perfectly. 
 I know this sounds a little funky, but it ended up being one of my families favorite. Super rich and creamy. Had a banana-ish flavor to it. Definitely worth trying!
This is the recipe I used and modified to our liking

Ingredients
1 ½ c. milk
1 c. coconut milk
½ c. sugar
2 avocados, peeled and pitted
¾ tsp lemon juice (I used lime, because I was out of lemon)

Directions:

Puree milk, coconut cream, sugar, avocados, and lemon juice in a blender until smooth. Pour into a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for several hours until cold. Freeze in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer's directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment