Monday, July 8, 2013

National Ice Cream Month~Bacon Recipe

Well, July is National Grilling, Ice Cream, Hot Dogs, AND Baked Beans month. So why not kinda combine all those and get a flavor like..........BACON!!!

This 4th of July I decided to make Bacon Ice Cream. I like those fun and different ice cream flavors, just ask my friends Kelsey & Alicia that traveled in Europe with me. 

The out come: most of the group thought it sounded weird, but were pleasantly surprised. Its that great Sweet N' Salty combo

Here is the recipe from Pork Be Inspired

Bacon Ice Cream

Ingredients
2 cups half & half
2 cups milk
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar, light, packed


Cooking Directions
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine bacon, half and half, milk, corn syrup, and sugar and bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Reduce to maintain a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and set aside to steep until a deep bacon flavor develops, 10 to 20 minutes. Strain through a medium-mesh strainer and set aside to cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
Process according to your ice cream manufacturer’s instructions.
Yield: About 5 cups (serving size 1/2 cup)


4 comments:

  1. yum yum! I need to get an ice cream maker... sounds delish. Ha! When I was in the hospital I had a relative send me bacon toothpaste ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Yes you do! Bacon toothpaste...hmmm interesting, but you know me, Id give it a try!

      Delete
  2. Man I've been all about ice cream since I got a Cuisinart maker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every Monday in July I will be posting t new recipe...more for you to try out.

      Delete