This is the time of year for Christmas parties, and parties mean food!
Photo from: The Sunny Side of Life
I found this tasty looking Hot Jalapeño Corn Dip over at The Sunny Side of Life and decided to give it a try. Personally, I would add more Jalapeños make it a little more spicy. Also, it isn't too shabby cold before baked.
- 2 cans sweet corn, drained
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced (Or equivalent of canned or jar version. More or less to your personal taste)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- dash of hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375˚.
- In medium bowl, mix together mayo, sour cream, spices, and hot sauce.
- Fold in corn, jalapeño peppers, onions, and 3/4 cups of blended cheese.
- Place in greased 2 qt. baking dish, and top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for approx. 20 min. or until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- You can substitute fresh or frozen corn for the canned corn. I simply used what I had on hand.
- You can also substitute 1 cup of mexican blend cheese for the monterey jack and cheddar.