This is like the Mexican version of a bierock. Again, what does my picture not look as good as the original one here with the recipe? Anyway, don't let the picture stop you from making these!
I will admit the filling and folding of the bun was the most difficult part but once you get the hang of it.....
1 package of refrigerated biscuits- I used whole wheat, but I think the corn ones would be awesome.
1 lb ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
1/2 cup salsa
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
(1) 8 oz package of cream cheese, room temp
4 tbsp melted butter- skipped this to save on a few calories :)
1. Brown the ground beef and crumble.
2. Drain fat from meat.
3. Add taco seasoning and prepare as stated on the packet.
4. In a medium sized mixing bowl, add cream cheese and salsa.
5. Blend with with mixer until smooth.
6. Roll out biscuits so they are flat and somewhat thin.
7. Spread 1 tbsp cream cheese mixture onto the biscuit.
8. Add a spoon full of taco meat on top of the cream cheese mixture.
9. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
10. Seal edges and place on a greased cookie sheet.
11. Repeat with all biscuits.
12. Brush tops of biscuits with melted butter.
13. Bake at 350 degrees for 13-16 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned.