This post came out of necessity. Last night I helped host a large event, with a large amount of leftover mashed potatoes. Thank goodness for 4-Hers and 4-H parents helping serve and keep things going smoothly.
I gave a friend a roaster full of them and told her to be creative. As I was getting ready to send her an email with a list of recipes and ideas I thought why not make this a blog post to help others!
Enjoy these 13...or 14 ideas, from myself and others! I could go on forever, but this is a start.
1. Freeze them! Yes you can freeze mashed potatoes, I learned this from my grandma. If you don't have time to try out the other 9 ideas I will list, this might be the best option for the moment. You can either freeze them in a pan/tupperware or bag. When ready to use, thaw and mix with a handheld mixer to "fluff." I ran across this cleaver ideas from The Yummy Life.
2. Shepard's Pie
3. Potato Pancakes
4. Potato Soup
5. Potato Croquettes.
6. Gnocci, I love this gnocci, so way to use of leftovers and have these lovelies is great. Check out this recipe.
7. Mashed Potato Muffins, from Just A Taste
8. Mashed Potato, Cheddar & Chive Waffels. Fun idea from Joy the Baker.
9.Potato Puffs, here is a recipe I plan to try.
10. Potato Bread or Potato Rolls. This Amish Potato Roll recipe from Baked by Rachel looks tasty
11. Mashed Potato Quesadilla. Supposedly this recipe tastes like Perogies, and there you have another recipe idea!
12. Loaded Baked Potato Eggroll.Seems like a fun idea from Spend with Pennies.
13. Last and definitely not least.......Mashed Potato BACON Bombs! Bacon, cheese, and potatoes, what more can you need?! Think I will try this recipe out tomorrow.