Saturday, December 10, 2011

Original Juan & 25% off

Again, this Saturday I am focusing on another Kansas company that donated to the American Agri-Women convention. Original Juan. These people are great. I was in Kansas City a couple weeks ago driving along and saw the sign for Original Juan OUTLET STORE! I mean come on, how could I not stop?! They donated to AAW & it was an Outlet Store. My mom and I swung in and right away I would tell it was going to be great-you could smell the spices. They have a quality store with not only food products but adorable home decor. I finally got to meet Marissa that I had talked to about donations-she super sweet.

History- "Original Juan has been creating specialty sauces, salsas, snacks and dips for wholesale, retail and co-pack/private label customers since 1998.
About-"Original Juan Specialty Foods is housed in a 60,000 square foot facility on the historic Southwest Boulevard in Kansas City, Kansas. The building is a delight to the senses with tantalizing aromas and festive colors. When visiting the Southwest-themed facility, you will find Original Juan’s Factory Outlet Store within the entrance of the building. Customers are encouraged to step up to the tasting table to try one of the company’s 150 products manufactured under 13 different brands. Some of the company’s most recognizable brands are Pain is Good, Da’Bomb, Fiesta Juan’s, Bilardo Brothers and Mama Capri. Original Juan also manufactures custom food products under co-packaging and private label arrangements for over 100 companies throughout the world."

I can't say enough good things about them. They are willing to work with me and Kansas Agri-Women in the future, so I'm pumped. Now....onto the products.Three of my favorites that I have tried.

Spicy Vodka Pasta Sauce-  I got this one at the outlet for 99cents-on special :)
It wasn't spicy to me, very cheesy with a typical marinara dipping sauce taste.  It says on the back, " Sweet tomatoes and aged Romano cheese simmer until infused with vodka to intensify the sharp flavor of the cheese. Each bite of this smooth velvety sauce leaves your mouth begging for more" This sums it up!

Chipolte Raspberry Sauce- Wonderful. Sweet with a little kick. Perfect topping to cream cheese for a quick and tasty appetizer.







Harvest Apple BBQ- Great addition to pork. The apple isn't over powering but adds something different to the BBQ flavor.



They have recipes for their items as well-how handy!

Next I want to try CHEESECAKE IN A JAR!

For the month of December everything on their website is 25% off!

Please go to their website for a complete listing of items. If you are in KC make sure and stop, they will treat you great and the prices are hard to beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment