Thursday, May 3, 2012

Custom Painted Boots

I have been wanting a pair of tall fancy boots to wear with a skirt/dress, but haven't found the pair that I really like or that aren't $500. I know this fad won't last long so why invest so much.

My solution: Make my own!

I first found a pair of vintage Calvin Klein boot.
Then I stuffed them with paper to make them easier to paint. I choose western designs, some from other boots I've seen or country "clip art"
 Then I went to painting. I didn't want them to be totally covered, I just wanted boots with a little bit of excitement. The top of the next pair will be completely painted.

Front/Side:


Back:

1 comment:

  1. I know!!! Why are they soo expensive! I cannot bring myself to buy a pair.
    This is an interesting idea. I like the pink pistols...
    Have you ever heard of Hopscotch Dandelions? She makes custom painted boots - they are something to see...
    here is her facebook link

    http://www.facebook.com/HopscotchDandelions

    ReplyDelete