Thursday, June 7, 2012

Wedding Blocks-Semi-tutorial

A friend of mine got married this past Saturday, it was beautiful.

As most of my friends know, I love giving handmade gifts, so check out my gift to her.

My mom is in the process of redoing the old farmhouse from 1901.
The spindles for the front porch were too long we we had to cut about 1-2in off the ends. Here are the blocks I was left with:
I then painted 2 of the faces of the block a light cream. One side I painted the letters of the bride and grooms last name:
The other side I did a fun "math problem"(thats an oxymoron)

2 comments:

  1. These are really cute. I got a set of name blocks for our wedding and I love them! Hope you are doing great.
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, doing well, just busy (the lack of blogging is proof of that) Take care!

      Delete