Sunday, December 30, 2012

Bethlehem Revisited

One of the best experiences I have had in years. In the little town of Keats, KS a church puts on an interactive "play" called Bethlehem Revisited. Its amazing, I honestly don't even have the words to describe how awesome it is! The entire time I am walking through this living museum/play I kept saying," Oh My Gosh, this is awesome!"

My blog post doesn't even begin to do this justice!

We had a guide, that started off by making us feel like we were back hundreds of years ago.
Our first stop was to meet Moses
Then onto David
These "prophets" were giving background information.
Then we went to see where the angel came to visit Mary.
 
Its amazing how these sets/structures were built in the middle of a farmers pasture. I would say this takes up at least one acre, and includes over 100 volunteers.
 
Onto Bethlehem.
Here the Roman Guard took a census ( I haven't heard how many people attended this year)
This was my favorite part.....While walking through the marketplace you felt a part of it, as if you were really there.
And finally.......
 
 
There were more parts that were absolutely amazing. I wish each and everyone of you could have been there! I was truly blessed by being able to attend this year.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment