Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Barn Quilts-Fairbury, Nebraska

As were were traveling back from a graduation in Nebraska this past weekend we spotted this barn quilt north of Fairbury, NE.
And of course, I just had to stop and take a picture. I love barn quilts! In fact, I am helping with a local barn quilt trail.

As we pulled over to take a picture we noticed the owners were in the front yard, not wanting to be weird or rude we pulled in and asked if it was ok to take a picture. "Sure" they said.
Well ONE HOUR LATER, we were back on the road! Nice people, we learned so much and were reminded of what a small world it was!  The lady who did this co-authored a book through University of Nebraska Extension, called Quilt Quest. As we headed out of town she suggested we stop by the Fairgrounds to see 2 more blocks that were done by a local high school student.
 
The design on the left is the 4H block from a 1930s pattern and the right is the FFA block.

If you are ever traveling through Fairbury be sure to stop, also north out of town take a left(west) onto Hwy 4 to see a few more barn quilts. I know I will be taking that route next time I head north!

No comments:

Post a Comment