Saturday, February 25, 2012

Gella's Diner

Last week I took a little road trip to western Kansas. Along the way we stopped in Hays and ate at Gella's Diner and Lb Brewing Co. I had eaten at Gella's a year ago, but needed a refresher. So when I told my mom I was going, she said, "Make sure you get the green beans!"

 I ordered the Friday Special of Fish Tacos with a side of green beans.
The tacos were good, but the green beans were amazing.

They also have Lb Brewing Co. As I've mentioned before I'm not a drinker, but with all the fun names of the beers and the hype ("A Meal In Itself") of the Oatmeal Stout I ordered one for my company.
The picture explains it all. I can hardly see where the beer is on the table. It was bitter and had an after taste of coffee. This might be to some people's liking but not ours!

I enjoyed the meal and would go back, he however was not impressed by his chicken fried steak. I guess next time I go, I need to take somebody different.

Location:117 E 11th, Hays, KS

History: Started in 2005. Read more here.

What I like about them: The owner was originally a rancher.
The decor and atmosphere. Its classy yet laid back. They have a stock tank as their hostess table, old road signs made into flowers- Yep, I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture, yet my company already thought I was weird for taking pictures of the food.


1 comment:

  1. This link shows that great sunflower roadside mirror in Gella's. http://www.cspost.com/flowers/view.php?item=5910&category=61&zipcode=&side=events

    ReplyDelete