Thursday, February 23, 2012

Repurposed Gift Tin

We had this old tin in a box to get rid of, I decided to repurpose it for  my best friends birthday. She is the type that likes hand made, one-of-a-kind items. 

BEFORE:
Funny thing is I went to an auction the next day and they had a tin just like this in a box. If I had wanted a matching pair I never would have been able to find another :)

AFTER:
I personalized it with their brand, and since her birthday is the same day as Kansas Day, I thought sunflowers fit perfectly. To top it off,  I filled it with chocolate chip cookies.

How I did it: Washed the tin with soap & water. Let it dry completely. Applied an all-purpouse house paint. Then painted details with acrylic craft paints. Sealed it with 2 coats of clear Krylon spray.

1 comment:

  1. That is GREAT! What a sweet gift, good painting. I don't think I could pull that off. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete