Monday, May 30, 2011

Branding Menu-Cowboy Beans

Last Friday I cooked for a dozen cowboys. I was living the life.
The menu was:
Cheesy Potatoes
Cowboy Beans
BBQ Jumbo Meatballs
Hot & Spicy Jumbo Meatballs
Biscuits
Peach Crisp
Apple Crisp
Maple Cream Sauce (for the crisps)


The aftermath, minimal resources at a bachelors house. Oh the stories I have

Here is recipe for the Cowboy Beans
1 large can baked beans
1 can pinto beans, drained
1 can kidney beans
1 can chili beans
1 can butter beans, drained
1/2 -1 pound bacon, cut up
1/2 onion, chopped
1 c. ketchup
3/4 c. molasses
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp chili powder
Tabasco sauce to taste

Fry  bacon until crisp, add onions and cook. Add ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, chili powder, and Tabasco and cook until sugar is dissolved. Add all the beans. Place in covered casserole dish or crock pot and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

The guys ate a ton of these- I agree, there weren't too shabby.

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled on your blog! I'll have to cook for the crew here pretty quick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Glad you found me. I enjoy meeting new people, especially those who have a passion for agriculture and their faith. Id love to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete