Sunday, March 18, 2012

Scenic Sunday- Lone Elm

Lone Elm-Kansas

Lone Elm isn't even listed in my Ghost Town book, this one I learned about from my friend as we were checking out "ghost towns" in a 40mile radius of their house.

History Lesson: My friend didn't have much knowledge of the history and it was difficult to find much online. It is more of a township rather than a town as far as most publications are concerned.

County: Anderson

Population: As of 2010 is was 25
The far right building is the only place that is still functioning, they thought it was the post office, but we don't think that is really what it is. I hope someone can enlighten me more if they have anything to share about Lone Elm.

1 comment:

  1. My mother-in- law was raised in Lone Elm and knows that the building in the middle was the post office. Her childhood home is also still there and we are trying to find other pictures of the town as it use to be. Pleas let us know if you have other pictures.

    ReplyDelete