Sunday, August 21, 2011

American Agri-Women

I'm going to get on my soapbox. I want to tell you all about a great organization that I am involved in and think that any women, even if they were not raised with an agriculture background should join. This organization is made up of a variety of women from all 50 states that have a passion for agriculture. Some of them were born and raised in agriculture, while others have married into it. Still, others have no real connection besides the fact they appreciate and value the important role American agriculture plays in our daily lives.

Kansas is hosting the AAW national convention this November in Wichita. It is going to be an amazing convention. We have great speakers, workshops, tours, and networking events planned. I would encourage each of you to go to their website http://americanagriwomen.org/

Check under the affiliates link and see if there is a chapter in your state. Why not start one if you don't have one nearby?!!?

I'm making this my personal mission until November to recruit at least one member via my blog. So, if you join let me know. If you make it to convention--PLEASE connect with me there.

I will stop for now, but more to come shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment