Chocolate Cinnamon Popcorn
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Or Canola Oil
- ½ cups Popcorn Kernels
- 1-¼ stick Butter, Chopped
- ⅓ cups Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
1.Combine the cocoa powder and the cinnamon powder in a small bowl and mix well.
2. Pop the popcorn
3.Transfer the popcorn to a large bowl.
4. To make the caramel: Combine the butter, the sugar and the maple syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar has dissolved. Bring mixture to the boil.
5. Boil, uncovered, without stirring, until the caramel mixture turns light golden.
6.. Remove from heat. Pour half of the caramel over the butter popcorn and toss gently until the popcorn is well coated with the caramel. Add more caramel if you prefer sweeter popcorn.
7. Sift the cocoa powder and cinnamon powder mixture over the caramel popcorn. Toss gently until all popcorn is coated with the mixture.