Saturday, January 7, 2012

Holmes Made Salsa-

My new favorite salsa....... Holmes-Made! Why do I love it so much? Well, it tastes really fresh-like eating a whole tomato.

Bargain: If you mention this blog when you order you get your second item 1/2 off!!!!!
Location:Wichita

History: "Holmes-made salsa is an extension of Holmes Produce, our family produce business established in 1924 by Ollie Holmes (grandpa) This Wichita tradition continued with his two sons Wendell and Bruce who supplied many of the local grocers with the freshest fruits and vegetables available. Bruce and his daughter (Tricia) created a summer tradition making salsa from garden fresh produce. Tricia continued this tradition by making salsa for family, friends, and co-workers. When the requests to replenish salsa kept flowing in, she realized the plan God had put in place for her, and accepted it graciously. Tricia started selling Holmes-Made Salsa downtown at the Farmers Market, on the very same corner that her grandpa Ollie use to sell produce. With the help of family and friends, the salsa business has expanded"

Products: They have a variety of salsas as well as jams.I bought some Raspberry Jalapeno and some Cowboy Candy. I can't wait to try them out..

The salsa that I had was Medium Garden. As I stated. It tastes like fresh home made salsa with the convenience of being canned. I could eat a whole jar myself..
I had help finishing this jar!

AND they have chips!

***Another supporter of Kansas Agri-Women

No comments:

Post a Comment