Monday, January 2, 2012

Hubbard Squash Bread

If you are like me, the first time I heard the word Hubbard Squash I had no idea what it was. Well I am here to educate and share a delicious recipe with you.  My uncle's friend grows them, so when he came to visit he brought us a squash. I decided to substitute the squash for zucchini in a recipe that I found while at an agriculture conference in Enid, OK.

Here is a picture of another Hubbard grown by our neighbor.

Compared to an 8.5 Anderson Bean(ok, maybe I just wanted to take a picture of my boot)
 First you must clean the squash,  and shred it, I recommend using a food processor.
The Recipe- Hubbard Squash Bread
Preheat oven to 350.

Cream the following ingredients:
3 eggs
2 c. Sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 c. oil

In a separate bowl mix:
3 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon

Slowly add this to the creamed mixture.
Finally add:
2 c. shredded squash
1 c. crushed pineapple (DRAINED)
1 c. shredded coconut
1 c. chopped nuts(pecans or walnuts)

This will make 2 loaves (make sure to grease and flour pans) or 24 muffins

Bake for 1 hour for loaves and 25 min for muffins

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment