Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding-Fashion Friday

I have been watching the Royal Wedding off and on today. I would have to say that my favorite part were all of the hats. Yep you guessed it, I'm going to talk about hats again today.
Hat facts and history:
  • Apostle Paul decreed that women needed to cover their heads while attending church. The Catholic Church dropped this decree in 1967. During the Middle Ages it was deemed inappropriate for a woman to be bareheaded in public. Most women observed this until the 1960s.
·         Today technically a hatmaker makes hats for men while a milliner makes hats for women.
  • Feather workshops are called plumassiers. THis is where they make boas and dyed feathers for hats.

 I like to keep my posts short, so check this out for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hat

Here are a few of my favorites.
Not sure if you can consider the one on the right a "hat"

I think its the whole outfit that makes it!


And of course, be ready for next Friday as we prepare for the Kentucky Derby!

No comments:

Post a Comment