Thursday, June 2, 2011

New K-State Colors-BLUE & GOLD

Kansas State FFA Convention kicked off last night. The campus is now covered in Blue & Gold!
Opening session was great. It had been awhile since I had sat through an entire session, last time was probably HS. I sat with my friend "S" and it brought back the memories. I even leaned over and said. "Wow, I feel like Im in High School all over again." He chuckled and looked back and said, "kinda does, doesn't it?!"

For the last 4 years I have coordinated the luncheons and receptions. This year I'm helping with foundation events and the Blue & Gold Reception. The opening session speaker was Barrett Keene, http://barrettkeene.com/ I really enjoyed his "motivational speech" It might have been geared toward the youth, but it really got me thinking as well.

Every year I get a little emotional about FFA,  my personal memories and experiences, and all the great possibilities that are in store for those who participate in FFA.

For those of you who were not fortunate enough to be part of FFA let me enlighten you a bit:
Mission: The National FFA Organization is dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.
Motto:
Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live, Living to Serve.



Check out : https://www.ffa.org/Pages/default.aspx

How proud I am to call myself an FFAer!

No comments:

Post a Comment